Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Dark Rides/Hidden Spots/ Future Virgins @ Sluggos 5/ 20/11

I don't remember much of this show. Admittedly was in the parking lot for 75%. Drinking some delicious peach moonshine c/o Casey, whiskey c/o Adam Foster, and smoking cigarettes. I should have paid better attention. I mean, Dark Rides is a Chattanooga supergroup, made up of members of some of the best bands around here (Sexy, Future Virgins, Hidden Spots, Jack Palance Band) and Hidden Spots are a total institution in these parts. I am an idiot sometimes. And sometimes broing out takes precedence over the all-mighty rock out. Rarely, but it does happen.

I did, however, watch the Future Virgins who were releasing their new LP "Western Problems". Of course they were good. And the record is good (and was included with the $10 cover, $3 if you are a miser and didn't get the record). But I was kinda loaded and gleeful and talking to cute boys so how the fuck would I even know?

Chattanooga's music scene is kind of amazing. Thanks Chattanooga for giving me what Daytona and Orlando never could.
I fucking love you man.

No comments:

Post a Comment