Tuesday, April 5, 2011

seBADoh!

Ok so I am a superfan. I have tour art tattooed on my sidebottom. I cannot be objective.

That being said, I went and saw Sebadoh in Nashville at the Mercy Lounge with some of my bros and of course, it was amazing.

This tour was sort of to celebrate the reissue of Bakesale and Harmacy, my two favorite Sebadoh albums. Lineup was Lou Barlow and Jason Lowenstein of course, but instead of Eric Gaffney who has always sort of annoyed me, they had the Bob D'Amico who plays with Lowenstein in the Fiery Furnaces. I really loved when Mike Watt's drummer Raul Morales was playing with Lou last year, but this guy was certainly adequate at least. They played pretty much everything off of Bakesale (which means I was super stoked on life) including "Careful", "Magnet's Coil" "Shit Soup" "License to Confuse" and "Got it", some of my favorites. In the encore, as Lowenstein yelled out "Black tar living room couch professor!" (from "Not Too Amused") I thought I was gonna have an aneurysm from pure joy. I also got to hear my three favorite tracks off Harmacy, "Prince-s", the song that got me into Sebadoh way back in middle school "Ocean" and an amazing version of "On Fire". When they played "Brand New Love" off of Smash Your Head on the Punk Rock/The Freed Weed, I was so happy my eyes watered a bit.

There was even some funny Lou banter when he proceeded to tell everyone how Conor Oberst goes through a mic a night due to his spitting problem.

Never get sick of this band. Never will

I luv luv luv luv luv Sebadoh 4-ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment